Full-Time Head of Legal and Compliance
We are currently seeking an experienced iGaming lawyer with a pragmatic, solutions-focused mindset to join our fast growing, multinational team as Head of Legal and Compliance.
Prior iGaming experience, and exposure to, and understanding of, multiple licensing regimes and compliance
environments is a prerequisite for the successful candidate for this role, as well as a proven ability to foresee the challenges and opportunities presented by regulated, regulating and pre-regulated markets and communicate the same to management, and the wider business.
Preferably, the Head of Legal and Compliance will have had experience of, and exposure to, the regulated Ontario
market and be conversant and knowledgeable as to the regulatory requirements of the Ontario Registrar’s Standards.
The Head of Legal and Compliance will head up the existing Legal and Compliance team and be responsible for the day-to-day legal needs of the business, as well as ensuring that the group remains compliant with the various regulations that impact its operations in areas such as AML, data protection, responsible gaming and regulatory compliance, generally.
Generally, a can-do-attitude, great communication skills, a willingness to challenge, and the ability to collaborate across teams and disciplines are integral qualities for any wishing to join the Rhino Entertainment family.
What your role will look like:
Reporting to the CLO and working alongside an established team of lawyers and compliance managers, the Head of Legal and Compliance will be responsible for:
– Overseeing and ensuring that any and all due diligence and regulatory reporting obligations are met in an efficient and timely manner, working across the group with other departments and stakeholders, as necessary;
– Offering proactive advice to the group’s C-level and board of directors as regards any emerging issues, changes in our operating environment and/or to applicable legislation that may impact on the organisation and/or its
operations in regulated, regulating and pre-regulated markets;
– Overseeing the services provided by the Legal and Compliance team, whilst providing mentorship, guidance,
support and the opportunity for personal and professional growth;
– Anticipating, advising and planning for all legal risks, and developing strategies to mitigate those risks for the group, while adopting and practising a pragmatic risk-managed approach;
– Researching unique legal issues facing the organisation by identifying applicable legislation, judicial decisions, regulations and codes, and delivering opinion on complex legal issues;
– Minimising litigation risk via robust contracting and risk-appropriate limitations on liability in all the group’s dealings;
– Advising the group’s leadership team on any legal matters perceived to be critical to the growth of the business;
– Sourcing, introducing and supervising external lawyers to provide legal advice or representation in areas of
specialised expertise, in a focused and cost-effective manner;
– Managing the relationship with the group’s various corporate services providers in the multiple jurisdictions in which the group’s subsidiaries are based, and supporting corporate structuring/restructuring, generally, providing advice and opinion, as needed;
– Acting as company secretary for the group’s Maltese companies, including diarising, arranging and attending
board meetings and general meetings, drafting minutes of board meetings and general meetings and maintaining minute books;
– Monitoring the group’s regulatory and business landscapes, generally, to provide strategic legal advice to guide the organisation, and its individual stakeholders, on key policy, strategy, corporate risk and major projects;
– Preparing of legal documentation, contracts and agreements (and precedents) as required;
– Translating strategic decisions into projects, ensuring compliance and business needs are met, reporting and acting on AML and RG issues, establishing control systems and workflows, monitoring changes in regulations and adjusting accordingly and establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with regulators;
– Identifying key initiatives to strengthen the group’s ability to deal with responsible gaming and AML obligations, as well as ongoing changes in applicable regulations;
– Supporting and challenging the Operations team when it comes to establishing best operational practices in relation to RG, AML, GDPR and other applicable regulations;
– Guiding and supporting the Product team in developing the group’s products to meet evolving regulatory requirements across jurisdictions; and
– Together with the CLO, managing and monitoring the application process of any new gaming licences.
Who you are:
– Experience in a similar role within the iGaming industry
– Knowledge and experience working with different regulated, regulating and pre-regulated markets
– Excellent leadership skills
– The ability to challenge and bring ideas to the table
– Someone creative and solution driven
What we offer:
– Competitive salary with health benefits and health insurance
– Attractive bonus packages
– Career development and growth
– Flexible work
– Social events
– Health allowance
– Diversity of role, projects, and challenges
– Excellent team-oriented, fun international work environmen
Revise Your C.V
Get your C.V and Cover Letter proof read or re-written Hire a professional through Spotlancer
use coupon: MJSPOT and get a discount! service offered via Spotlancer
Work From Home
While waiting for a job offer why not check out Spotlancer.com With Spotlancer you can offer your digital services online. Content writing, graphic design, web design are amongst the services you can offer and earn money working remotely.